Thursday, April 8, 2010

The Santa Clara Column

It isn't my best work, partly because I still have trouble with 450 words (you can't convince me that the freedom to elaborate the internet brings isn't a good thing for sports writing), but mostly because I have no say in the editing, and let's just say I think this one got cut up a little bit too much, but I wrote the column for The Santa Clara's sports section this week. I haven't decided whether or not to post the 'directors cut' (version that wasn't brutally murdered by editors), but I will post the link so that you can check it out if you are so inclined. Needless to say, I am less than thrilled with the way that this turned out, but here it is anyways.
(also, the title, which sucks, isn't mine)


(I feel compelled to defend myself...don't bother reading this if you are skipping the column, but the jokes got edited and made less funny, the thing had flow that got completely destroyed in editing, and the wording makes me sound like a 5th grader writing a book report--I think it is pretty obvious where it got changed. Aren't editors supposed to make work better? This sucks.)

No comments: